We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy Tips and Tricks: Purchasing Point of Sale Mistakes (Part 5).
Part 5: Talk to the Users
One of the best ways to get a feel for the POS system you are checking out is to check in with the people already using it. You can ask your POS sales representative for some contact information for other companies similar to yours that are using the POS system. By giving them a call or sending them an email, you can get some valuable information that you may not have access to through any other means.
Make sure you ask questions like:
- How do they like the POS system? What is the best thing about the system?
- Is there anything they don’t like about the system?
- How is the technical support?
- What is the software supplier like to work with?
- What are hold/response times like when problems occur?
- How was the training (if any was provided)?
- Would they recommend the system to other retailers?
Just because a system looks great in a demo, and all other information you is pointing you in this direction, seeing how the product works in the field with live data is incredibly important. Looking good on paper and being good in real life are sometimes two different things. You want to make sure the POS you decide to purchase is the best decision all-around.
If you have any questions, or to get more information about QuickBooks POS, give us a call at 844-4-QBOOKS. (844)472-6657.