We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy Tips and Tricks: Purchasing Point of Sale Mistakes (Part 3).
Part 3: REALLY Do Your Homework
So you’ve looked into the different software options, and you’ve picked out the best one for your company, and you’re all set and ready to purchase. Right? Wrong! Another big consideration before plunking down on an investment this big is this: who am I purchasing FROM?
You are tied to the company you purchased your software from for as long as you own it. But why does that matter?
- Well, say you have an issue with your software on Friday evening at 6PM. Can you wait until Monday morning to get it solved, or does your software company offer night and weekend support?
- Do they offer any kind of training, or are you expected to learn the ins and outs of the software all by your lonesome?
- What is their policy on software updates and patch releases? How often do they release patches, and how easy/difficult is it for you to get access to the newest updates and releases?
- What is the installation process like? Do they offer installation assistance?
- If they go out of business, what happens to your support? If you go out of business and no longer need the software, what happens to your data?
- Is this software from a company that understands your needs as a retailer? Ultimately, will this software be the best fit, based on these additional concerns?
Here at Modern Secretary, we do everything in our power to turn all of the above concerns into non-issues for you. We give you 24/7 access to us by providing you direct phone numbers where we are accessible day and night (Yup! We give you our cell numbers!). We have a Full Charge Bookkeeper on staff to help with financial software training, and we have one of the top 10 QuickBooks Point of Sale specialists here to help with your POS questions and training needs. Patch releases are extremely easy to update in your system and if you need a How-To, we can send you a video or article with the step-by-step process for both POS and financial. If you need help setting up your Point of Sale software, we can do that too. We know just how to help get your company set up properly and quickly to get you selling your stuff in no time. We work with retailers on a daily basis and we’re ready and waiting to work with you too!
To take advantage of any of the extra services we provide, or if you have any other questions for us, give us a call at 844-4QBOOKS. (844)472-6657.