We’re here to help you add some more tools to your toolbelt with today’s handy How To: Enter Sales Order in Point of Sale.
Sales orders are a type of customer order that allow you to record the planned sale of items:
- Items being shipped directly from corporate
- Taking a deposit on a future sale
- Giving a quote for merchandise and/or services
- Currently out of stock
- Items that you don’t currently carry
Sales order for items being shipped directly from Corporate:
- Begin by [MAKING A SALE]. Before accepting payment…
- From the [I WANT TO] drop-down menu select [CONVERT TO SALES ORDER]
- Enter [SHIPPING INFORMATION] in the lower left field. Upon completion, a shipping charge window will ap- pear offering you the option to [INCLUDE A SHIPPING FEE] in the order. If it does not appear, you can always enter it just above the [TOTAL]
- Select [SAVE ONLY]
- From the main menu select [ORDER LIST] and choose the corresponding [SALES ORDER] you just created
- When the [SALES ORDER] has been reopened – you will have several options under the [I WANT TO] drop down menu.
- When you choose to [GENERATE PO], you can select which items from the Sales Order will be added to the PO, including how many! Receiving is still necessary, as this keeps inventory numbers from being depleted. You will also be offered a chance to print, email and review generated PO’s
- When you choose [TAKE DEPOSIT/PAYMENT] a balance window appears, and you can enter the amount of payment. You will then be directed to a Payment type window—payments can be spread over multiple payment methods (But the payment types must add up to the deposit total).
- [SAVE AND PRINT DEPOSIT] or [SAVE]. The order will remain on the order list indefinitely. You can take multiple deposits over time, or accept payment in full.
- When you are ready to close out the Sales Order and receive the final payment, choose [SELL ITEMS]. A small screen will appear asking which items, you can select all or individual items from the list. You will also be offered an opportunity to add additional items to the sale. This will convert these items back into a regular sale, and you will see the applied deposits.
- [ACCEPT PAYMENT] for the balance as you normally would!