Question of The Week: QuickBooks Point of Sale: How do I set up emailing receipts out of Point of Sale?
As of February 26, 2015, QuickBooks Online v.83 is now live!
New features of QuickBooks Online v.83 include:
- Specify a bank feed rule transaction type. Added based on your feedback, especially for transfers: if you have a regular transfer between two accounts, create a rule to save time. Transactions > Banking > V to the right of Update > Manage Rules > New Rule.
- Reorder bank feed rules. Because rules are applied in numerical order, and you can apply only one rule per transaction, reordering lets you easily control which rules to apply. Drag in the leftmost column to reorder. Transactions > Banking > V to the right of Update > Manage Rules. Here’s an example:
- Rule 1: Categorize all transactions under $10 as Miscellaneous Expenses.
- Rule 2: Categorize all Starbucks transactions as Meals & Entertainment.
In the case of a $5 Starbucks transaction, only Rule 1 is applied.
- Updated chart of accounts numbering. To enable and show chart of account numbering, go to Gear > Company Settings > Advanced > Chart of Accounts. Select both Enable Account Numbers and Use Account Numbers, and then click Save. Another benefit: you can then search for an account by its number! Then on the Chart of Accounts page (Gear > Chart of Accounts), you can show/hide the Number column by clicking the gear above the table. To batch edit account numbers, click the pencil icon.
- View customer statements. Customers > click a customer in the life > filter type by Statements.
- Sort the Products and Services list by column. If you sort by the Name column, you’ll see sub-items in outline view; if you sort by other columns, sub-items appear in flat view.
- Add custom reports to your management reports packages. Any custom reports you’ve created will appear in the Reports section, ready to add. Reports > Management Reports > click Edit in the Action column > click Reports in the left column.
- Delete custom form styles. You can now delete custom form styles you no longer use. Gear > Custom Form Styles > Action column > Delete.
- Print lists the way you sort them. For example, if you go to Transactions > Expenses, sort by the Payee column, and click Print, the list will print in that order.