If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise 2015, QuickBooks Premier 2015, or QuickBooks Pro 2015, you will be happy to hear that the QuickBooks Desktop 2015 Release 4 patch is here!
“What’s important about Release 4?
- Fixed issues causing QuickBooks to close unexpectedly
- Improved Rebuild utility to resolve issues with duplicates
- Fixed an issue with price rules for custom fields on sales transactions
- Added the ability to see which user created/modified a comment
- QuickBooks will no longer close unexpectedly while trying to print, delete, or email an invoice without saving it first.
- Fixed an issue that caused QuickBooks to close unexpectedly after opening a report from the Insights page and then closing the program.
Enterprise – Advanced Inventory:
- Assembly Shortage reports will now include modified (saved or unsaved) Assemblies.
- Duplicate serial number will now work if an Invoice is created from an Estimate.
Enterprise – Advanced Pricing:
- Price rule prices will no longer revert to the base price when editing a custom field on a previously saved Sales Order or Invoice.
- Removed “Mail Through QuickBooks” as an option for sending emails with QuickBooks.
- Increased the email template character limit from 2049 to 32000.
- Fixed an issue that caused the report Item Estimates vs Actuals to not export to Excel properly if one or more columns were removed from the report prior to exporting.
- Added a one time message to warn users about sorting columns on transactions. (Enterprise Only)
- Added three new graphs: Net Profit Margin, Business Growth, and Previous Year Expense Comparison.
- Added “Save as PDF” functionality to the Insights page.
- Fixed an issue that caused the window to not fully display if resized while scroll bar was active.
- QuickBooks installer will now open the necessary Windows firewall ports needed to avoid potential issues opening a company file.
- Added a “Manage Your Account” button to the My Company window for easier access to manage things like your Payment Methods and Order History.
- Fixed an issue that caused logo images on forms to appear blurry after saving to PDF.
QuickBooks Merchant Services:
- Company files with Multicurrency enabled and set to USD currency, can now process credit card transactions.
- Merged the QuickBooks Maintenance Alerts into the Reminders window.
- Removed blue shading from summary reports below the second level of sub accounts for better readability.
- Searching for columns in teh Modify Report window now supports partial name searches.
- Added the ability to see which user created/modified a comment.
- Added a Created By column to the Commented Reports window to identify the user who created the report.
- Querying custom fields using DataExtDefQuery will now return the list of fields sorted by Name.
- QuickBooks will no longer close unexpectedly while performing an Advanced Find using the “Name Email” filter.
- Streamlined the data file creation process to make it more efficient.
- Added ability to use copy/paste/undo keyboard shortcuts in the Search field on transactions. (Enterprise Only)
- Fixed an issue that caused the error “Verify Custom Template list. Duplicate name encountered.”
- Fixed an issue that caused the error “Verify Customer Message list. Duplicate name encountered.”
- Fixed an issue that caused QuickBooks to close unexpectedly while exporting a Budget to IIF (File > Utilities > Export > Lists to IIF files and select Budgets).
This notice is provided as a convenience for our customers and is not intended to supplement, modify, or extend the Intuit software license agreement between Intuit and the customer for any Intuit product or service.”
For more information about QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier, or Pro, or to get more information or links to the Release 4 update, please give us at Modern Secretary a call at 844-4QBOOKS X202 (844-472-6657 X202).