We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt, with today’s handy How To: Turn On Advanced Inventory in Enterprise.
If you have purchased the new Platinum Subscription of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, or if you are existing customer that just purchased the Advanced Inventory module, the first thing you are going to want to do is turn on Advanced Inventory in your QuickBooks Enterprise file.
Here’s a quick step-by-step of how to do that:
- Open [ENTERPRISE].
- Select [EDIT], [PREFERENCES].
- Choose [ITEMS & INVENTORY] in the left-hand column.
- Select the [COMPANY PREFERENCES] tab on the top.
- Check the box that says [INVENTORY AND PURCHASE ORDERS ARE ACTIVE].
- Select the [ADVANCED INVENTORY SETTINGS] button to set your Advanced Inventory settings to match your company’s workflow (i.e. multiple location tracking, lot number/serial number tracking, FIFO, barcode scanning).
- Click [OK].