We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Set Up Users in Enterprise (And Limit Their Access).
If you have multiple people working within your company QuickBooks file, it is highly recommended that you create a separate user login for each individual. This has several benefits. 1. You can keep track of who is making changes within the file. 2. You can limit user access. If you only want Bob to enter sales receipts, you can set it up so that he can do his job without having access to sensitive company data. 3. It can also help protect your company data from outside sources of infiltration. By having password protection in place, it makes it that much more difficult for hackers or thieves to gain access to company information and your financials.
- Click [COMPANY].
- Hover over [USERS] and then select [SET UP USERS AND ROLES].
- Select [NEW] to set up a new user.
- Enter the [USER NAME], [PASSWORD], and [CONFIRM PASSWORD].
- In the [AVAILABLE ROLES] column, [SELECT THE ACCESS LEVELS] you would like to give to this user, and click [ADD].
- Once you’ve added all of the access for this user, select [OK].
- [CREATE] any additional users you need to create, and then [CLOSE] the window.