We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Set Up Online Banking in QuickBooks Enterprise Using Direct Connect.
Yesterday we talked about setting up bank accounts in QuickBooks Enterprise. Today we’re going to help you take it one step further by showing you how to connect your bank feed directly to your QuickBooks Enterprise using Direct Connect.
- Select the [BANKING] tab from the top menu bar.
- Choose [BANK FEEDS], followed by [SET UP BANK FEED FOR AN ACCOUNT].
- A pop-up may appear reading “All open QuickBooks windows will be closed temporarily to set up Bank Feeds services. Do you want to continue?” Click [YES].
- Step 1 is to [ENTER YOUR BANK’S NAME]. Click on your financial institution after it pops up.
- NOTE: If a window pops up giving you directions for how to manually import your transactions, this will be your course of action, as your bank does not currently support online bank feed using Direct Connect. Follow the directions on the window.
- If you haven’t done so already, you may need to call your bank to enroll in their Direct Connect Service, or visit their enrollment site. QuickBooks will prompt you with their phone number and link to their website for your convenience. Once you are connected (or if you are already enrolled), select [CONTINUE].
- You will be prompted to enter you bank [USER NAME] and [PASSWORD] for your account, then click [CONNECT].
- [SELECT] the account you wish to connect with QuickBooks.
- Click [FINISH] once the download completes. Online banking is now active!