We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Set Up a Bank Account in QuickBooks Financial.
- Select the [LISTS] tap from across the top menu bar.
- From the drop down menu, click [CHART OF ACCOUNTS].
- In the bottom left-hand corner of the window, select [ACCOUNT], followed by [NEW].
- Choose the [BANK] option, and then [CONTINUE].
- In the [ACCOUNT NAME] field, enter your bank name, followed by either the last digits of your bank account, or the type of bank account you are creating (i.e. Checking, Savings, etc).
- Enter your bank account number in the [BANK ACCT. NO.] field, and your bank’s routing number in the [ROUTING NUMBER] field.
- Click the box that says [ENTER OPENING BALANCE].
- In the new window, enter the [STATEMENT ENDING BALANCE] and the [STATEMENT ENDING DATE], then click [OK].
- If you are creating another account after this one, select [SAVE & NEW], otherwise choose [SAVE & CLOSE].