We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Run End of Day Procedure in Point of Sale.
After you close up shop for the day, there are certain tasks that should be completed before you head home. This is called the End of Day Procedure, and should be done at the end of every day.
- From the Point of Sale menu, select [END OF DAY PROCEDURE].
- Read through the different procedures, and select the ones you wish to run for your store.
- [RUN END OF DAY REPORT] – this includes the drawer count and the store status. You can select either X-Out or Z-Out report, and change which day you want the report generated for.
- [BACK UP YOUR COMPANY DATA] – we highly recommend backing up your company file daily to ensure that none of your information is lost in the event of a fatal catastrophe. Be sure to back up to a remote location, in case of computer viruses and crashes.
- [SEND DATA TO OTHER STORES] – this only applies if you have POS Multi-Store.
- [SETTLE MERCHANT ACCOUNT] – sends your credit and debit transactions from the day to the merchant services processor. This is another thing that should be done nightly, and can be set up to batch automatically if you like. (This is done automatically in version 11.0 and 12.0. Give us a call at 844-4-QBOOKS to upgrade!)
- [EXCHANGE DATA WITH QUICKBOOKS FINANCIAL] – if you use QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise in conjunction with Point of Sale, you will want to exchange your data frequently to make sure both softwares hold all of the essential data and to avoid long wait times if you only exchange every once in a while.
- Select [START]. Point of Sale will run all of the processes that you indicated.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale may ask you for additional information. Input it to continue.
It is very important to establish an End of Day Procedure routine. Just like you probably tidy up, sweep, and lock up before you leave, make this End of Day procedure list a part of your closing up shop routine!