We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s How To: Remove Damaged or Stolen Items from Inventory in Point of Sale.
If you have already received items, and then realize they are damaged, you need to take them out of inventory. Same goes if items get stolen from the store or warehouse. Here’s a quick How To:
- In [POINT OF SALE], choose the [INVENTORY] drop down menu, then [NEW QUANTITY ADJUSTMENT].
- From here, select the appropriate [REASON] code (Damaged for damaged goods, Shrink for stolen goods, Quantity Adjustment, or Cost Adjustment).
- Type in the name of the [ITEM] you are adjusting, and select the correct one from the list if several similar items appear.
- Use the [QTY -] button to subtract the appropriate number of items from inventory.
- When you are done adjusting, choose [SAVE ONLY].