We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Perform End of Day Cash Drawer Count in Point of Sale.
At the end of every sales day, it is important that you count your cash drawer to ensure that the money that was supposed to be there is there at the end of that day, and to pull out the cash to be deposited at the bank.
- From the Home Screen, select the [POINT OF SALE] drop down menu, then [END OF DAY PROCEDURES].
- Check the [RUN END OF DAY REPORT] check box.
- Select [Z-OUT DRAWER COUNT] from the drop down menu.
- Click [START].
- In the Begin box, [ENTER THE AMOUNT] of money the cash drawer started with when you opened the store in the morning.
- Click the [COUNT] box, and enter the number of each bill and coin denomination into their respective boxes. The software will add up all of the bills for you.
- Click [OK].
- In the Leave box, [ENTER THE AMOUNT] of money you would like to leave in the cash drawer for the following day. Oftentimes, this will be the same as the Beginning amount for the current day.
- The Deposit box, in blue, tells you how much money you will need to take out of the drawer to deposit at the bank.
- Click [OK].
- Your Z-Out Report will now populate. You can see all of the sales you made for the day, but tender type. In the Dollars section, you can see all of the information you just entered, including Beginning balance, how much cash you accepted during the day, and the balance you Left in the register. It also shows the bill count you entered.
- You can choose to [PRINT] this report if you like. [CLOSE] when you are done.