We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s How To: Enter Shipping Freight and Discounts in Point of Sale.
For this how-to, we are going to start with an existing Purchase Order.
- From the Home Screen, select [RECEIVE ITEMS] from the left hand side.
- Next, select [RECEIVE FROM PO], also on the left hand column.
- [CHECK THE BOX] of the Purchase Order you would like to receive against.
- Click the [RECEIVE ALL DUE] button on the bottom.
- You will be prompted to [ENTER SERIAL NUMBERS] if applicable. Select [OK] after each serial number entered.
- On the [I WANT TO…] menu, select [ENTER BILLING INFO].
- [ENTER THE INVOICE INFORMATION], then [CLOSE].
- Next, on the [I WANT TO…] menu, select [ENTER DISCOUNT/FEE/FREIGHT].
- [ENTER FREIGHT FEES, DISCOUNT PERCENTS OR AMOUNTS, AND ADDITIONAL FEES] in this window.
- If you would like to spread the discounts, freight, and fees over the cost of all items on the Purchase Order, check the box that says [SPREAD DISCOUNT, FREIGHT, AND FEE].
- Click [CLOSE].
- Make sure to [SAVE ONLY] your Purchase Order, then [I’LL REVIEW PRICES LATER].
Now, if you want to see the modified price that takes the freight and discounts into consideration, you can:
- Select [RECEIVING HISTORY] from the Home Screen.
- [CLICK ON THE PURCHASE ORDER] you want to view.
- From the [I WANT TO…] menu, select [SHOW/HIDE DETAILS].
- The [FREIGHT] and [DISCOUNT] lines should reflect the information you input, and the [TOTAL] should take these into account.