We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Create Group Items in QuickBooks.
Group items can be especially useful for companies that frequently sell sets of items together – for example, if you sell knitting supplies, you would sell skeins of yarn, knitting needles, stitch markers, etc. But perhaps you want your customers to be able to purchase a kit that includes all of these things; they won’t have to shop individually for each item, and it makes pulling items for shipment easier for you. Here’s how to create group items in QuickBooks.
- Open [QUICKBOOKS].
- Choose [LISTS], [ITEM LIST].
- In the bottom left of the window, select the [ITEM] drop down menu, and [NEW].
- In the [TYPE] field, select [GROUP].
- In the [GROUP NAME/NUMBER] field, enter the item name (in the example above, you might use “Knitting 101 Kit”).
- In the box on the bottom, you can [ENTER ALL ITEMS INCLUDED] in this group. You can also [ENTER A DESCRIPTION FOR THE ITEMS], as well as [ENTER ITEM QUANTITIES].
- Once you have selected all the items for the group, click [OK].
The great thing about groups is that when a customer purchases the group item, your inventory is changed for each item in the group, according to the quantities you entered.