We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Create Custom Tags or Document Sizes in Point of Sale.
Before you can create custom tag sizes, you need to know what label size you are working with. If you already have your labels in hand, skip to bullet point 4.
- Start by going to the Avery website, and searching for labels in the correct size for your parameters.
- Locate the template for the label size you wish to use. Select [DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE].
- Open the template in Microsoft Word. This will give you the dimensions of the labels.
- From the Point of Sale Home Screen, select [FILE] > [TOOLS] > [PRINT DESIGNER].
- [SELECT A DOCUMENT TYPE] that you are making the new tags for from the drop down menu.
- If your template is available in the list, select it. If not, select a similar one to work from.
- In the [OPTIONS] drop-down menu, select [COPY SELECTED].
- Select the [CUSTOMIZE SIZE] button.
- Enter the paper alignments as per the diagram, and the information either from your label package, or from the Microsoft Word template you opened earlier.
- Click [SAVE].
- To double check all the numbers were input correctly, select [PRINT PREVIEW], and then enter the number of tags that should appear on one full sheet of paper. Click [OK]. Make sure that they do fit properly on one sheet. Click [EXIT].
- To move items/numbers around on the tag, click and drag.
- To adjust the size of items and fonts, double click on the item. From this window, you can change alignment, font/size, and label position. When done, select [OK].
- From the [ADD] drop-down menu, you can add new text and data fields, logos and other graphical elements, etc.
- When you are finished editing the new label, click the Save drop-down menu and select [SAVE AS].
- Enter a new label name. Click [OK].
- Click [CLOSE].
Now that we have create a new label, let’s print some.
- From the Point of Sale Home Screen, click [ITEM LIST].
- Holding down the shift key, select items from your list to print (select the same number of items as there are labels per page).
- Select [PRINT TAGS].
- In the Options section, select the label you just created from the drop-down menu.
- You can either [PRINT PREVIEW] or [PRINT].
If you would like to see a video of all of the above information, watch the video below. If you have trouble viewing the video below, try this link: CREATE CUSTOM TAGS OR DOCUMENT SIZES IN POS
As always, if you have any questions, or need help with this process, feel free to give us a call at 844-4-QBOOKS. (844) 472-6657. To get all of our great how to articles and videos delivered to your inbox, make sure to subscribe to our blog (on the right-hand side of this page).