We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Create an Estimate in QuickBooks Enterprise.
Many companies offer free estimates for customer jobs. There is an easy way to create an estimate in QuickBooks Enterprise for your customers. Here’s how:
- First, make sure the [ESTIMATES FEATURE] is turned on. To do this, click the [EDIT] menu, followed by [PREFERENCES]. On the left-hand side, select [JOBS & ESTIMATES]. Select the [COMPANY PREFERENCES] tab at the top of the window. Select [YES] to the questions Do you create estimates? Select [OK] on the right-hand side.
- From the home screen, select the [CUSTOMERS] button.
- Click the [NEW TRANSACTIONS] drop-down menu, then [ESTIMATES].
- [ENTER THE LINE ITEMS] for goods and services.
- Once you are done creating the estimate, you can [PRINT] or [EMAIL] the estimate for the customer.
- Select [SAVE & CLOSE].