We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Create a Vendor in Point of Sale.
Vendors are the businesses you purchase your inventory and non-inventory items from. By entering vendors into your Point of Sale system, and keeping track of what you order and purchase from them, you can keep track of your businesses cost of goods expenses. Today we’re going to show you How To: Create a Vendor.
- Start by clicking the drop-down [PURCHASING] menu, and selecting [NEW VENDOR].
- Enter the [COMPANY NAME].
- Enter the [VENDOR CODE]. (Note: a vendor code is usually only three digits or letters long)
- Enter the information for your contact at the Vendor company.
- In the Vendor Settings section, enter the [ACCOUNT #] provided to you by the Vendor. You can also input an [ALT. PHONE] and [ALT. CONTACT] for their company. If you are no longer actively ordering from this vendor, click the [INACTIVE] check box.
- If you know the [TERMS ON THE ACCOUNT], enter the information in the section above the Vendor Settings section. Once you enter information here, it will update in QuickBooks the next time Point of Sale and Financial sync.
- Use the [VENDOR NOTES] section to keep ongoing notes about the vendor.
- The [HISTORY] section will automatically populate for you as you place orders, receive items, and make returns to this vendor.
- When you are done, click [SAVE].
- To see the list of all active vendors, click the drop-down [PURCHASING] menu, and select [VENDOR LIST]. (To see inactive vendors, click the [ACTIVE VENDORS] drop-down in the top middle of the screen and select [INACTIVE VENDORS])
If you would like to see a video walk-through of this process, check out the video below!
Now you know How To: Create a Vendor in Point of Sale, and you’re ready to start purchasing!