We’re here to help you add some more tools to your tool belt with today’s handy How To: Check Gift Card Balance in Point of Sale.
If your business offers gift cards, sooner or later a customer will ask you to check a gift card balance for them.
- Open [POINT OF SALE].
- Open a new [SALES RECEIPT] (it is not necessary for there to be items in it, but it can).
- From the [I WANT TO…] menu, select [CHECK GIFT CARD BALANCE].
- The [GIFT CARD BALANCE INQUIRY] window should open.
- [SWIPE] the card, or [TYPE] the card number in.
- Click [CHECK BALANCE].
- The window will display the gift card balance.
There is a report you can run if you want to see all of the balances of all outstanding gift cards: [GIFT CARD BALANCE SUMMARY REPORT].