We’re here to help you add some more tools to your toolbelt with today’s handy How To: Add Items to Inventory in QuickBooks.
If you are new to QuickBooks, one of the first things you’ll need to do is setup the items you will be selling. Here is a quick how to:
- Open [QUICKBOOKS].
- Choose [LISTS], [ITEM LISTS].
- In the bottom left of the window, select the [ITEM] drop down menu, and [NEW].
- Choose what [TYPE] of item you are creating.
- Based on the type of item you are creating (Service, Inventory, Non-Inventory, etc), different fields will populate. Fill in the appropriate fields for the item you are creating.
- Use the [CUSTOM FIELDS] button if necessary.When you’re done, select [OK].
Please keep in mind that QuickBooks labels lots of things as Items: Services, Freight Charges, Sales Tax, Shipping and Handling, etc. Basically anything that shows up on an invoice needs to be an item.