Question of The Week: QuickBooks Point of Sale: How do I set up emailing receipts out of Point of Sale?
Here are 7 Website Must Haves for every website.
- Simple, smart domain name – Your website domain or URL needs to be easy to find. Don’t make it complicated and long. The more concise your domain name is, the better. We recommend using a .com or .org domain name. Try to make your domain name unique without using dashes, as that creates confusion for those looking for your website!
- Clean, minimal Design – Your website is your first impression to the world. Don’t drive them away with design elements that simply are not needed. Many people, when building a new website, want to fill their website with many bells and whistles, but these tend to deter potential clients.
- 5 Core Pages – Your website should include the basic minimum of webpages.
- A Home Page to showcase your business including a Call To Action
- An About Page to share what your business is about and why you started it
- A Contact Us Page to include phone numbers, hours of operation, location, and email addresses
- A Products & Services Page that lists products and/or service descriptions, images and pricing
- A Customer Testimonials Page builds trust and can include quotes from satisfied customers
- Search Engine Optimization – Of course, you want your website found! SEO makes sure that Google and Yahoo can find your website and rank it. There are millions of articles on how to do SEO, use keywords, and get ranked on search engines.
- Easy to Navigate – Your website needs to include easily found contact information, along with a well-organized navigation menu. Visitors tend to spend only 3 seconds on a website when they are searching for something in particular. Make it easy for them to find what they are looking for and to get in touch with you.
- A Backup Plan– Keeping your website and content management system updated will help to prevent hackers from hijacking your website. Schedule backups at least once per week or more if you frequently update your site.
- Secure Hosting – Not having good hosting can cost you in the long run. Poor hosting results in slow load times, failure to load, and affects your ranking with search engines. You can get 25% off Hostgator hosting using coupon code modsecretary.
Modern Secretary offers affordable web design packages for service based businesses. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.